Planning Your Trip
ENJOY ITALY WITH US ☽
A place to rest your head...
Since moving to Italy we have met so many wonderful people who have shared their homes and experiences with us, and now we are happy to do the same for friends new and old. We have a beautiful country villa that we call home, with two independent floors for comfortable sharing. The house is located on a hilltop in the countryside just outside of Ostuni. We also have a completely independent apartment in Ostuni, nicknamed La Città Bianca, available. The apartment has a rooftop terrace overlooking the Adriatic Sea and is within a five minute walk of the old town, the best restaurants, coffee shops and parks. It sleeps up to six people. The villa is our own humble agritourism experience, while the apartment puts you right in the heart of the town. If you would like the best of both worlds we can split your trip between staying in the villa and in town if both are available.
After years of traveling around Italy, taking advice from locals and experts alike, wearing out the pages of guidebooks, and hosting friends, family, and tourists on vacations, we have a great understanding of what makes for a wonderful trip in Italy, especially Puglia where we call home. Experience the best parts of the region without the hard work or stress. We offer laid back travel plans ranging from simply driving you to visit our favorite local spots and hidden gems to more customized and detailed itineraries, such as planning a special day from breakfast to dinner or an entire trip from start to finish based on your specific interests. Whether you're interested in learning about the history, castles and ancient churches or spending your days relaxing on beaches, eating amazing food, and strolling through breathtaking towns, there are plenty of ways to fill our days.
Day Tours of Local Towns including...
- The whitewashed towns of Ostuni, Locorotondo, and Cisternino where vibrant flowers contrast the stark white Grecian architecture
- The city of Matera, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Visiting the awe inspiring cave town carved into the rock feels like traveling back in time
- Clinging to a cliff directly over the Adriatic Sea, Polignano a Mare is a gorgeous place to enjoy a swim, seafood, or a boat ride into caves
- Galipoli is another incredible beach town on the Ionian coast, one of our favorite places to relax and soak in the sun
- "The Florence of the South", Lecce, is a prime example of baroque style with it's intricate facades carved from the local soft stone
- The eastern most city in Italy, Otranto has beaches and our favorite church with it's altar to the martyrs and 1,000 year old mosaic floor
- UNESCO World Heritage site Alberobello, a town made up entirely of cone houses called trulli, a place unlike anything you've ever seen
- Visit the 13th century hill top Castel del Monte built during the 1240's by Frederick II
- The towns to visit are endless with Monopoli, Grottaglie, Martina Franca, Bari and a few quieter, less touristy, towns we enjoy spending a day
Adriatic and Ionian Beaches...
One of our favorite things about our location is that we are only fifteen minutes from the beautiful beaches hugging the Adriatic Sea. The Ionian coast is only an hour away, and equally worth visiting. If you love the beach as much as we do this is a dream come true. We have about 300 days of sun per year, so almost every day is a good day to take a trip to the beach! The water is extra salty and an intense shade of turquoise, begging to be enjoyed on hot summer days, and we can visit sandy beaches or rocky beaches with sandy coves. We know some secret beaches to relax, read and have a quiet picnic. We also know some of the best beach clubs to listen to music and enjoy wine and food on your own personal day bed under an umbrella. If you like more of an adventure, we can venture out for some snorkeling and explore sea caves. As for the ultimate adventure, there are lots of spots for some good cliff jumping, many of which will make your heart stop watching the locals plunge from meters above the crashing waves.
Incredible Food and Wine...
It goes without saying that Italy is one of the best places in the world for food and wine, but one of the the reasons Puglia is extra special is that we have one of the highest concentrations of olive trees in the world and some of the best wine producers in Italy right in our backyard. With so many local farms growing seasonal vegetables, producing fresh cheeses, raising healthy animals, and a coastline supplying us with access to same-day caught seafood... it is always easy to find a fresh, organic, and delicious meal to share with friends. Some culinary experiences we can offer are...
- Tours of local vineyards with wine tasting
- Olive oil tastings from ancient olive groves
- Seaside lunches at the best fisherman owned restaurants, seated at a table so close to the sea that you can dip your toes in!
- Dinner at local "fornelli", or butcher shop restaurants where you select fresh meat to be wood fire cooked in house
- Enjoy countless restaurants serving fresh local dishes in our favorite off the beaten path destinations
- Picnics with locally sourced food and wine on the beach or after a long hike discovering ancient ruins
- Pizza making at our villa, using our traditional outdoor forno, or pizza oven
- Cooking classes with local experts in Pugliese cuisine
PLANNING A PERFECT TRIP ☽
Traveling in a foreign country is such a rewarding way to vacation. You can learn so much about the culture and yourself when you're fully immersed in a whole new world. The planning, logistics, driving, and a language and cultural barrier can be overwhelming, but fortunately you have us for anything you might need. Our best traveling experiences were spent visiting friends & family who knew the area well and did the heavy lifting, allowing us to be present in our adventure of exploring a foreign place. That's essentially our goal for your trip. We love meeting new people, and would love to be your friends on the ground here in Puglia. No need for GPS, no hours wasted on Tripadvisor looking up sites and restaurants, just beautiful days and wonderful memories to be made. We've already done the hard work... now let's enjoy Italy together!
Trip planning: (We offer any of the following services)
- Help to schedule flight and travel accommodations
- Recommend and book hotels or other lodging in various cities if you plan on traveling to multiple locations
- Plan and guide single day trips in and around Puglia based on your interests
- Custom tailor and guide 1-2 week itineraries for a truly memorable Puglian experience
- Create itineraries for various regions of Italy including Rome, Florence, Tuscany, the Amalfi Coast, and Sicily
- Guided tours in other regions of Italy are also available depending on our schedule
Making your trip easier and simpler and more convenient:
- Video/phone consultation to customize a plan for your vacation
- Pickup/Drop Off at the Brindisi or Bari airports available
- We can provide car transport for you to other cities/regions of Italy
- Unlimited Wi-Fi at both rentals
- Laundry available at both rentals
- We speak Italian...if you need help translating or contacting anyone who doesn't speak English we can help
*** Our tours and experiences are private and custom tailored for our guests. We can easily accommodate and book guided tours for one to four people. If you are traveling with a larger party or want to join a larger group to experience tours, we team up with some of the best guides in the region and can help book your tour accordingly. We also have great friends in the region with beautiful rental properties, and can help book the perfect vacation property for larger groups***